..Who do you write your love letters to?
You have them I presume
Tucked away and protected
Deep inside your tender heart
I’ll bet that sometimes
You even look inside
And peek at them
Hoping to let them out on day
Even though you may be scared
or tempted to never
risk their exposure
Because so many of them
Have been addressed to me
You sat there swallowing stones
That he fed you one by one
Small and smooth at first
Polished in the beginning
Each carefully chosen
For one so innocent
So easy to swallow
So easy to please
One stone after another
Each bigger than the last
From the beginning
A betrayal at your expense
When the laughing stops
You find the stones are rough
When you feel their weight
And the rasp in your throat
You seek to manage the stones
Instead of the man
When it was the man
Who had deceived you
- Polishing The Stones (freedomoftheheart.com)
When thou weepest, I will weep also.
But when thou seekest praise seek me.
And when thou art faint, I will bear thee up
- 87 Uplifting Old And New Testament Bible Verses (inspirationalchristianquotes.net)
- Psalm 74: Peshawar and Nairobi (connecthook.wordpress.com)
- Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee… 092913 (carrlanebaptist1988.wordpress.com)
- Here to the End of Time (booknvolume.com)
- 10 Reminders that God will Not Forsake Us (beulahblog.wordpress.com)
- Bible Verse (forhisgloryandpraise.wordpress.com)
Will I ever smell the rains again,
Without thinking of your tears?
I’m sure I’ll remember that moment again
For all the rest of my years.
I’ll think of the tears
Running down your cheeks
And I think of a stormy kiss
The tear was left to fall alone
And the kiss was one that I missed
Sadly the tear wasn’t mine to replace
For as I reach to brush the sorrow away
You paused, and then turned your face.
The clouds grew blue, the winds increased
And the rains came down with a hiss
You couldn’t bear the simplest touch
And certainly not my kiss.
- Taming The Beast… (lillianmackenzierhine.wordpress.com)
- Rainy Days (thediaryofjanekim.wordpress.com)
- I want to be kissed. (discoveringsub.wordpress.com)
- rain sun passing clouds (magicjackatx.wordpress.com)
- Sweater Weather (essaysofbeauty.wordpress.com)
- Catching Kisses (Kyrielle Sonnet) (keptmeprisoner.wordpress.com)
- kiss (deepvastness.wordpress.com)
Where are you now little girl, little princess
Where is your tender little heart?
I know where your body is,
Your outside shell of flesh.
But where are you?
The beautiful soul that speaks to me?
The power behind your laughter?
The Mischief behind your eyes?
Are you at work with you flesh.
Or are you with me
In some other secret place
That you Don’t speak of?
Or with that boy you chase
Tending to his needs
As you travel back and forth
Between those two places?
Or are you in you recent past
With the brute who hurts you
Making love to his ghost
And drinking shots of Whiskey
Wherever you are, come to me!
The man who loves you as the sea
Who worships and needs you
Who longs to hold you in his Arms
For now you are my traveler,
From your flesh, to you secret Place
And to the boy, and to the brute
Come to me lover, and rest.
Who am I to weep,
To have loved?
The morning Frost?
Lift now my eyes
To your eyes
And Hazel Green
Are now wasted.
- My heart weeps (summersolsticemusings.wordpress.com)
- Weeping (pastordburrus.wordpress.com)
- The weeping willows (4valentines4words4poetryforyou.com)
- The Weeping Of The Guitar Begins (kenneturner.com)
- Go Down, Death (hopeispossible.wordpress.com)
- Apology to Mother Earth (johannisthinking.com)
- Poem: And I Wrote it For You…Weep not (literaryyard.com)
- Write a poem – day four (for30daysiwill.wordpress.com)
- When you are s… (beccarabbit.wordpress.com)
- Is The Wind Weeping? (richardankerswrites.wordpress.com)
No blood from the stone
Just a laughing girl
Singing a clear melodic tone
Her voice sounding on and on
Through the starlight skies
Strains of music only I can hear
Unit I wake from a fitful sleep
Overcome with a heaviness that
Infuses my whole body
As I struggle to care again
I find that this night
Has left me sadder
And lonelier than before
I remain motionless staring
Unblinking through a canopy of leaves
For several hours as I wait
For the sound of my will breaking