I know that our relationship is inappropriate, but I deny that it is wrong, And I’m sorry that it bothers you.
As for me, I promise to always act in a way that our relationship will never hurt your reputation. I will always keep your honor in mind. But I don’t care how others define it, or us. I only care how you define us, because the only correct relationship for us is as former co-workers. But I cannot accept that.
I’ve thought to myself many times that the “right” thing to do for me is to stop everything. It’s ok to smile at each other If we meet by chance, but no more than that. And if you decide to hug me, I am allowed to respond in kind, but no more. Anything more than that is inappropriate for a fifty year old man and you. I can’t call you, or write, or email you or text you. I’m not allowed to do anything ever with respect to contacting your speaking with you.
Society will not allow it, ever. You and I can not even be friends. I’m sorry.
But I love you as purely as any man ever has or ever will and so I don’t care about what’s appropriate. I only care about you. I love you very much and I will honor that love for you.
I love you.
- Things that must not do in relationships (slideshare.net)
- A Hero and a Home Wrecker – a Non Love Story (nolongerinthefog.wordpress.com)
- How to make the Man of Steel interesting (practicaltheorist.wordpress.com)
- Let’s Talk About Sex (Outside of Marriage) (loveslongears.wordpress.com)
- The First Cut is the Deepest (egohellno.wordpress.com)
- On Being a Dad (robinejohnson.wordpress.com)
- Lessons in Fatherhood: Part 2 (blogtruth.wordpress.com)