All of the strawberries stemmed and rinsed
The whipped cream waits in a can.
Red embers glow where flames once danced,
The blankets were smoothed by hand.
Here before me the cake is waiting,
I see she’s pulled back her hair.
She wants to be eaten, she’s anticipating,
A desert that the two of us will share.
The fruit is crushed in powerful hands,
Thin syrup drips through my fingers.
Bright and red where the sweet drops land,
And the cakes anticipation lingers.
The cake is besotted with red fruit and lust,
As she takes the whipped cream in her hand.
She draws a white line to tummy from bust,
The end of dessert has been planned.
- Strawberry Shortcake…sweet summer delight! (fork-lore.com)
- Fancy Strawberry Shortcake (thebakingladies.wordpress.com)
- Strawberry Shortcake, Cream in the Middle. (gbakes.com)
- Paleo Strawberry Shortcake! (paleodorm.wordpress.com)
- Easy-Peasy Strawberry shortcake in a cup (thelittlecakebox.wordpress.com)